Re: Recovery of PGSQL after system crash failing!!! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ryan Kirkpatrick
Subject Re: Recovery of PGSQL after system crash failing!!!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:

>     One other wrench to thrown into the works... The kernel on this
> machine is 2.2.18 with the patches listed at www.linuxraid.org applied. I
> have a feeling that the linux-security patches mentioned on that page may
> be giving pgsql heartburn on recovery. I am going to recompile the kernel
> w/o them enabled and see if anything different results, and will post my
> results.
Did as above, disabling all security options in the kernel,
recompiling, and rebooting. Postgres behaves exactly the same as
before. :(

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |