RE: JDBC Drop/Create problem? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Joachim Achtzehnter
Subject RE: JDBC Drop/Create problem?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Today, in a message to pgsql-interfaces, Peter Mount wrote:

> Unless 7.1 now supports statement level aborts (and it's possible I've
> missed it if it has) this is where the problem lies. The backend
> currently does abort the whole transaction.

Exactly. I was speaking about postgresql in general, not JDBC specificly.
In my previous email I was merely pointing out that if postgresql, i.e.
the backend, did support statement-level aborts (which it doesn't
currently) then JDBC could too. There are no special JDBC issues that
would require aborting the whole transaction.

Joachim

--
work:     joachima@realtimeint.com  (http://www.realtimeint.com)
private:  joachim@kraut.ca          (http://www.kraut.ca)