Re: add darwin/osxpb support to cvs - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: add darwin/osxpb support to cvs
Date
List pgsql-patches
[ folks in Cc: were also interested in Darwin/MacOS X support ]

Bruce Hartzler writes:

> this patch and tar archive will add support for the darwin/osxpb to the current cvs tree.

Greetings.

I installed parts of your patch, which should at least get you, or other
interested people going.

Open issues:

* Dynamic loader code that's under a BSD license.  I've just installed
dummy files for now.

* It was reported that the assembler doesn't like the__powerpc__ code in
backend/storage/buffer/s_lock.h.  Your code looks essentially the same, so
it seems to be a syntax discrepancy between the GNU assembler and whatever
your system uses.  Perhaps we could check if the altered code works on
other systems as well before we install duplicates?  (The GNU assembler
ought to be pretty flexible.)

* Semaphore support reportedly does exist in new kernels, so I don't think
we need to add that to the tree.  Maybe a separate patch for older kernels
is in order.

Besides that, try to build all the optional parts (C++, Tcl, ODBC, ...) as
well.