TODO updates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject TODO updates
Date
Re: TODO updates  (Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>)
Re: TODO updates  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
I'm going to be on vacation for essentially the next month. So if there's
anything that you'd like fixed before that, now's a good time to tell.

Meanwhile a few TODO updates:

* Creating index of TIMESTAMP & RELTIME fails, or rename to DATETIME(Thomas)

Looks obsolete to me. (Reltime indexes still don't work, but I doubt
someone needs them.)

* -More access control over who can create tables and use locks(Karal)

Not done, and it's "Karel".

* Test syslog functionality
* Unify configuration into one configuration file (Peter E)
* use setproctitle() if it exists for 'ps' display of status

All done

* Add hash for int8

Seems to work (Tom Lane?)

* BSD/OS does not support locale because there is no LC_MESSAGES

Done

* Add ALTER TABLE DROP/ALTER COLUMN feature(Peter E) [drop]

`ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN' was implemented for 7.0. I am not working on
the DROP COLUMN part, so you might want to remove my name.

* Allow DELETE and UPDATE to use inheritance using tablename*

Chris Bitmead's contributions accomplish that (though not how it's written
here).

There seem to be some duplicate items:

* Some database schema's are not dumpable;  do dumps in oid order
* make pg_dump dump in oid order, so dependencies are resolved

* Allow nulls in arrays
* Allow arrays to hold NULL elements

See y'all in beta... :-)