Re: Templates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Templates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> Say what?  The variants we've been having trouble with *are*
> config.guess outputs.  Moreover there are new versions of config.guess
> all the time.  You're making no sense at all here.

Wait, didn't you say the problem was from vendors changing their uname
output? We know what config.guess can print, it's in the source. When new
versions come out we can read the ChangeLog. The Alpha problem you
mentioned could have been solved by writing "alpha.*" instead of just
"alpha". I don't believe relying on uname would have made this better.