Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/doc/TODO.detail (alpha default distinct flock fsync function limit null pg_shadow primary) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/doc/TODO.detail (alpha default distinct flock fsync function limit null pg_shadow primary)
Date
Responses Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/doc/TODO.detail (alpha default distinct flock fsync function limit null pg_shadow primary)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> > On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Bruce Momjian - CVS wrote:
> >
> > > Removed Files:
> > >     alpha default distinct flock fsync function limit null
> > >     pg_shadow primary
> >
> > What are we going to do with the flock? Remove it? I asked about this
> > yesterday, I guess it's not useful anymore.
>
> Well, we have the postmaster pid thing working now.  Is there an issue
> with flock() I have forgotten?

We still have the locking code in there, together with the broken
configure test. See my message from the other day ("fcntl(F_SETLK)") --
should we just remove all that stuff?