RE: .exe extension on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject RE: .exe extension on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue writes:

> Hmm,I see the following in my environment.
>
> bash-2.02$ ls
> CVS          Makefile     pg_passwd.c  pg_passwd.o
> bash-2.02$ make pg_passwd
> gcc -o pg_passwd
> pg_passwd.o -lcrypt -lm -lreadline -ltermcap -lncurses -lcygipc
>  -g
> bash-2.02$ ls
> CVS            Makefile       pg_passwd.c    pg_passwd.exe  pg_passwd.o
> bash-2.02$ make pg_passwd
> make: `pg_passwd' is up to date.

Seems make is smarter than it wants to admit. Then that would not sit well
with the changes I just made (which would require you to do `make
pg_passwd.exe', unless make is *that* smart). Gotta investigate this in
the GNU make manuals. Thanks.