Re: [SQL] Foreign keys breaks tables permissions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [SQL] Foreign keys breaks tables permissions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> This is perhaps the least undesirable of the choices we have, but it's
> still a security hole.

The reason this concerns me is that requiring update rights on the
referenced table eliminates much the benefit of foreign keys from an
administration point of view: If the primary keys can be updated freely,
they no longer constrain the data in the referencing table effectively.

I suppose we'll have to live with that for now but I'd suggest that it be
put on the TODO list somewhere.