Re: You're on SecurityFocus.com for the cleartext passwords. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: You're on SecurityFocus.com for the cleartext passwords.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> How will dump/restore and upgrades cope with crypted passwords?

We could distribute a sed or awk script that you have to run on the dumped
file to convert the copy to create user commands. Shouldn't be hard to
write, it's just a question of whether people want to put up with it. It
seems cleaner than any of the "magic hooks" that have been proposed.

Actually, I have some ideas in the pipe that would indeed change the
layout of pg_shadow slightly, so this might have to happen anyway.