Re: Regression tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Regression tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen writes:

> Thomas mentioned RedHat 6.1 Intel being an appropriate reference
> platform -- if that is the case, then RH 6.1 Intel needs exact matches.
> Of course, ANY platform can be the reference -- as long as _one_ is.

Why do we need a reference platform? Just to show "See, all the tests pass
on this machine.", that has exactly zero practical value. If at all I
think whatever hub.org is running should be the reference. A platform with
broken locale certainly shouldn't.