[DUG]: Intebase is OpenSourced (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Derricutt
Subject [DUG]: Intebase is OpenSourced (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey folks, thought you guys might like to read this.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 10:58:44 +1300
From: Nic Wise <nic@xerxes.co.nz>
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi <delphi@delphi.org.nz>
Subject: [DUG]:  Intebase is OpenSourced

(ripped (and altered) from an internal memo...)

Hi folks,

if you check out http://www.borland.com/about/press/2000/ib.html

you'll see the news that we have open-sourced InterBase on NT, Linux &
Solaris, including the Beta v.6 of InterBase.

More info on this as we get it (and can release it :) ).

Hmmm, now let me see - free, industrial strength DB, with the option to
change it to your own needs..... being 5.6 is already a stable code base
(and 6.0 was at the point of "we've finished with it, now can you check
your reported bugs are fixed"), I'd say that would beat MSDE hands down,
no?

Nic.
    New Zealand Delphi Users group - Delphi List - delphi@delphi.org.nz
                  Website: http://www.delphi.org.nz