Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ryan Kirkpatrick
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Basically, you can update the ports listing to state that with
> > the alpha patches on my web site (or in the pgsql-patches mailing list
> > archive), pgsql runs great with no problems on Linux/Alpha save for a few
> > (harmless) unaligned access now and then.
>
> Sorry, the patches Ryan has posted are the same or different than the
> ones Lamar is using/packaging?
Uhh.. I think I lost you, or you lost me... I do not know which
patches Lamar is using, but I assume they would be the pgsql 6.5.2
linux/alpha patches. And I have already stated twice that they apply
cleanly to 6.5.3 pre-release, and work fine. Would it just be easier if I
took my patch file, renamed it to 6.5.3, and released it again? :)

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |