Re: [HACKERS] GPL vs BSD licencing - a new twist - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GPL vs BSD licencing - a new twist
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Peter Mount wrote:
>
> > If you use cygwin1.dll in your application then your
> > application must be made available as open source.  The way to avoid
> > this is to compile your program using the -mno-cygwin option.
>
> Out of curiousity, is cygwin open source?

Earlier today I found out that yes, cygwin is open source. However, they
have some similarities with Aladin where cygwin is used in embeded
applications as well.

Peter

--      Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf