Error messages (was Re: [HACKERS] Tricky query, tricky response) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Error messages (was Re: [HACKERS] Tricky query, tricky response)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Oct 3, Tom Lane mentioned:

> > Anyway, I thought wouldn't a more, um, user-friendly error message like
> > ERROR: Subselects are not allowed in target list.
> > be more desirable than
> > ERROR:  flatten_tlistentry: Cannot handle node type 108
>
> Yes, it would.  Are you volunteering to try to make that happen?

Hmm, I'll put it on the List O' Things to consider right after I clear out
all the crap that has accumulated in psql over the years which will take
an unpredictable amount of time still.

--
Peter Eisentraut - peter_e@gmx.net
http://yi.org/peter-e/