Re: [SQL] How about a postgreSQL cookbook? (was [SQL] Subselect performance) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: [SQL] How about a postgreSQL cookbook? (was [SQL] Subselect performance)
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Stuart Rison wrote:

> I think Daniel's idea is brilliant.  Why don't we set up some sort of
> 'postgreSQL cookbook' where everybody puts in their "tricks of the trade"
> (for the moment I'm thinking mostly SQL related)?
 I like this idea. Every implementation of SQL has its individual
personality, and postgres is no exception. A solutions-oriented list (or
cookbook, if you want) will help everyone. It can be organized by
categories/types of queries (e.g., single table, multiple table; finding
missing values, finding duplicate values) and may be better hosted on the
web site as a table or dynamic (but moderated) list.
 Please add my vote.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
                      Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)             Making environmentally-responsible mining
happen.(SM)                               --------------------------------           2404 SW 22nd Street | Troutdale,
OR97060-1247 | U.S.A.+ 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard@appl-ecosys.com