Re: [INTERFACES] How do I drop a column from a table? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Rusty Brooks
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] How do I drop a column from a table?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

==>But this method might lose some characteristics such as primary key,
==>unique constraints, no?

I'm not sure, but if it does you can add them back with unique indexes.  I
also think you can add these attributes back with an alter table combined
with a CONTSTRAINT x PRIMARYKEY(col)
 ~~~~~~ |    |         Rusty Brooks |c--OD         The University of Texas at Dallas |    _)        Computer Science
Dept.|    |           |-.  |         http://www.utdallas.edu/~rbrooks/   `-#  /A

/ /_|..`#.J/     Statisticians probably do it.

Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember
and be sad.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then television must be worth
30,000 words per second.-- Rusty Brooks