Re: sequential scans and the like operator - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: sequential scans and the like operator
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Alternatively, search the pgsql mailing list archives;

Yeah this was where I was trying to get but it was _way_ too slow and I
have AisleRiot, Gnome Stones, and Demineur to keep my happy while I
wait.

> * If Postgres was compiled with LOCALE support and is using a non-C
> locale, <blech>LIKE indexing is disabled</blech> because the sort order
> of the index may not agree with what's needed to perform LIKE searches.
>
> This last point is rather nasty since non-C locales are rapidly becoming
> the usual default, even in the USA.  Linuxen tend to default to en_US
> locale, for example.

Got bitten here once.

Thanks for the more indepth explanation.

Best,
Rod
--
                      Let Accuracy Triumph Over Victory