Printable report generation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From SMJ
Subject Printable report generation
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I'm currently in the progress of setting up a databasing system for a
sales company, using a pure Linux / Postgresql solution.  I've
traditionally used MS Access 97 for the setup of similar systems, and have
yet to work out one problem -

What is a viable way to generate printable 'reports', in a similar fashion
provided by MS Access?

For example, say I've got a postgresql database of client information
(names, addresses, etc.), and I want to use this information to generate
envelopes for mailouts.  As far as my understanding goes, such
functionality is not provided by postgresql itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Steve Jender