Re: Language C - Console-based FrontEnd - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: Language C - Console-based FrontEnd
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Marcelo Pereira wrote:

> Hi,
>
> But I wouldn't like to port my php code. I really would like to make
> another interface. I would like to experience C... but I dunno where
> to start.

I thought PHP was as server side scripting language.  So you would only
have to clean up any stuff that relied on graphics to make it work with
a text based browser.
   I just tried lynx going to a site I know uses PHP and it worked fine.
Only problem was the site used frames. (For some reason links stopped
working on my home system - too many upgrades that appear to have broken
some libraries - so I could not try it.)  But otherwise it worked fine I
just selected the main frame and went right into the site.

Rod
--
                 Remove the word 'try' from your vocabulary ...
                     Don't try.  Do it or don't do it ...

                                                            Don Aslett