[Q] createdb for existing directory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject [Q] createdb for existing directory
Date
List pgsql-general
Typically when I want to place a database on a different partition I
create it then copy all the stuff from the new databases directory(s) to
the new partition followed by a mount.  I check things out and then
unmount the partition remove all the stuff in the database directories,
remount, and then update /etc/fstab for the system.

   Seems to work but it is a kludgy method to do it.  What I'd like to do
is mount the partition before doing a createdb.

Will this work with 7.1?  (I'm writing up some instructions that I'd like
to not have to change later.)

TIA,
Rod
--