Re: image storing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: image storing
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Efrain Caro wrote:

> But I think that hyperlinks would be a good addition to data types
> repertoire to pgsql. Maybe not for the database to be used as web browser
> (that was a funny comment, sorry if it were not intended to be so), but for
> serving a sites database, for example.

I'm not sure I follow you.  How would something like this be used in
PostgreSQL, as an example, as opposed to using a string and printing it to
the web browser screen via a CGI script/PHP/Mason/JSP/ASP/etc?  A
hyperlink is just a URL/URI inside a "<a href=""></a>" tag, right?

Yes, the comment was intended to be funny. :-)

Brett W. McCoy
                                              http://www.chapelperilous.net
The hope that springs eternal
Springs right up your behind.