Re: [HACKERS] RFC - change of behaviour of pg_get_userbyid & pg_get_viewdef? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dominic J. Eidson
Subject Re: [HACKERS] RFC - change of behaviour of pg_get_userbyid & pg_get_viewdef?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Philip Warner wrote:

> Two routines do eccentric things when they can't find required supporting
> data:
>
> pg_get_userbyid
>
>     returns 'unknown (UID=<uid-number>)' when the UID does not exist.

[Snip]

> The proposal is to return NULL in the above cases - in the final case,
> probably also generate a NOTICE.

In these cases, is NULL = 0? - What if it returns the UID for "root"
(typically UID 0)... I think an error message should/would be better in
this case.

Just my $.02.

--
Dominic J. Eidson