Re: Performance for seq. scans - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bmccoy@chapelperilous.net
Subject Re: Performance for seq. scans
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Jules Bean wrote:

> If I understand you correctly, that's word-based? It's just splitting
> on whitespace and punctuation?  Unfortunately, that's not quite what
> we need --- our wildcard searches needn't have their '%' on word
> boundaries.

You can have it search on less than word boundaries.  It uses a regexp in
the query statement, and actually will match against sub-strings.  Check
the documentation.  It talks about how this works.

Brett W. McCoy
                                         http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
If everything is coming your way then you're in the wrong lane.