Re: Minimal patches for PostgreSQL 7.0b3 on NetBSD/alpha 1.4.1.... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ryan Kirkpatrick
Subject Re: Minimal patches for PostgreSQL 7.0b3 on NetBSD/alpha 1.4.1....
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> Has anyone compared these to Ryan Kirkpatrick's efforts for Linux/Alpha?

    I have not... I would glance over the patches if I could find them
(mailing list archive search turned up nothing or error messages). If some
one could forward them to me, I will give them a quick look over.
    Most of the Linux/Alpha patches have to do with replacing int8,
int16, int32, and absoluteTime (not sure on the spelling of the last) to
Datum when passing to functions. Not 100% what that does, but seems to
solve a number of data corruption problems in passing data through the
utility adt functions. I plan to figure out more specificly what is going
on, but first I need to graduate from college. :)

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |