Re: [HACKERS] createdb with alternate location - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak - Zakkr
Subject Re: [HACKERS] createdb with alternate location
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> In my venturing into createdb/dropdb I came to that little artifact that
> allows you to create databases at alternate locations using environment
> variables as part of the path (CREATE DATABASE elsewhere WITH LOCATION =
> 'PGDATA2/foo').

And what add to create-database management a TABLESPACE layout? It is
standard in any SQL (Oracle). It is good "investment" to future, because
on TABLESPACE tie storage management ..etc (see old "Raw device" thread
in the hackers list).
                        Karel

Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>              http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

Docs:        http://docs.linux.cz                    (big docs archive)
Kim Project: http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/kim/        (process manager)
FTP:         ftp://ftp2.zf.jcu.cz/users/zakkr/        (C/ncurses/PgSQL)