Re: [HACKERS] compression in LO and other fields - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak - Zakkr
Subject Re: [HACKERS] compression in LO and other fields
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Jan Wieck wrote:

>     I  don't know if there's a compression library available that
>     fit's our need. First and  most  important  it  must  have  a
>     license  that  permits  us  to include it in the distribution
IMHO bzip2 compression algorith is free and open source - README
from bzip2 source:

"bzip2-0.9.5 is distributed under a BSD-style license.  For details,
see the file LICENSE"

>     Bruce suggested the contrib area, but I'm not sure if  that's
>     the right place. If it goes into the distribution at all, I'd

Is any space (on postgresql ftp?) for this unstable code? Good project
has incoming of ftp for devel. versions...

If you this code not move to contrib, send me it (patch?), please.
                    Karel