Re: [GENERAL] Selecting from arrays - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Drabble
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Selecting from arrays
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 9 May 1999, Chris Bitmead wrote:

> Simon Drabble wrote:
>
> > I was kinda hoping to do it without resort to (external)
> > functions, since I cannot guarantee that Postgres will be the
> > target DBMS
>
> Do other SQL databases even have arrays? I kinda assumed that they were
> a Postgres thing in any case.

This is a good point :) I was anticipating future DBMS's which may or may
not have arrays.

> > COPYRIGHT file in the top-level postgres directory. Does this mean the
> > contribs are covered by the same terms, so I can distribute the
> > array_iterator code with my app provided I include the copyright notice?
>
> Well, that is the assumption I would be working under.

K, thanks.

Simon.

--
  "When a German dwarf dances with the butcher's son.." -- Tom Waits

   Simon Drabble                      Somewhere in cyberspace
   simond@foxlink.net