Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Drabble
Subject Re: [GENERAL] The WWW of PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Adriaan Joubert wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't want to create a polemic, but is it possible to make a
> > > recovery of the previous WWW interfaces of the postgreSQL.org site?
> > > What does an elephant do on the home page? Probably you have been
> > > hacked :-)
> >
> > The elephant surrounded by the diamond has been adopted as our official
> > logo...we've really gotta come up with a short 'explanation' of the logo
> > though, too many ppl are confused.
> >
> Well, I like the new logo. I think the last logo looked too
> 70s/early-80s and this one is great. And I don't mind the new web-page
> design either.
>
> Just mentioning it, because the people who like something usually stay
> quiet....And it is good that the logo doesn't look like all the other
> rectangular box-logos that have become so common.
>
> Just my 2p
>
> Adriaan

I like the new logo but the page was broken - on NS 4.51, Winfozed 95, the
menu appeared at the bottom and only the tops of each item were visible -
and there was no scroll bar in that frame. (I take it that's a frame down
thar). In fact some of the menu items were barely visible at all. :(

Si.

--
 "The real reason Heisenberg and Schrodinger didn't get along is because,
  unknown to many historians, Heisenberg had a dog."

   Simon Drabble                      Somewhere in cyberspace