Re: [HACKERS] CVS and the backend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CVS and the backend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 6 Aug 1998 t-ishii@sra.co.jp wrote:

> >I've just run CVS UPDATE again, in another attempt to get initdb to run.
> >Anyhow, I noticed that there was a message saying that there were
> >conflicts. Any ideas?
>
> initdb no more exists, instead initdb.sh added. Does this have any
> relation to the confilicts?

Just to check, I removed initdb from the source, as well as the files that
had the conflicts. Reran cvs update, and it checked out initdb, so it's
still there.

Anyhow, cvs doesn't report any conflicts now, so that's working. initdb
seems to hang for a few minutes when creating pg_user:

vacuuming template1
creating public pg_user view
mv: /usr/local/dbase/data/base/template1/xpg_user: No such file or
directory

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk