Re: [HACKERS] Broken source tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Broken source tree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > a couple of days ago, the problem you have seen was caused
> > by a re-naming of the libpq.so shared library (if my memory
> > doesn't fool me, from libpq.so.1.1 to libpq.so.1). Due
> > to an old link to the former name, the new shared lib was not
> > found; removing the link and installing a proper one to the
> > new library solved the curse...
>
> OK, all entries in the lib directory refer to libpq.so.1 . So where is
> the "old link" you are referring to? Do I need to rerun ldconfig??

I had this Monday evening. I ran ldconfig (with the /usr/local/pgsql/lib
directory in /etc/ld.so.conf), and initdb ran - but it's still failing
about half way through :-(

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk