Re: [ADMIN] postmaster -i - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: [ADMIN] postmaster -i
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Fri, 22 May 1998, Yogesh Bhanu wrote:

>   I started postmaster with postmaster -i &
> but it seems that  with netstat that there is nothing on 5432.
> What should i do now

Have you tried telnetting to that port number (use telnet <hostname>
5432)? If there is something on that port, you should be able to connect,
otherwise it will refuse the connection.

Brett W. McCoy
                                        http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972