Re: [HACKERS] Some performance issues (since everybody is testing ... :) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Costin Oproiu
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Some performance issues (since everybody is testing ... :)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> >  Stressing postmaster with 100 connections
>
> Hi. Since you are testing with multiple connections, would you like to try additional testing to make sure the new
deadlock
> detection code behaves properly, especially under heavy load/multiple connections?
>
> The large loading cases tend not to get exercised in beta testing because the systems are not in production yet...
>
>                                               - Tom

OK, the title is a little bit misleading, it is about 100 successive
connections and wants to show how much time a trivial

    "select 17"

coul take compare to a connection.

However your idea is very good, since I am dealing with benchmarking now.

.co.

Costin Oproiu ---------------- http://www2.deuroconsult.ro/~co
Ciprian Porumbescu 10, ap.13       tel/fax:    +(40)-68-183528
Brasov 2200, ROMANIA                 email: co@deuroconsult.ro