Re: What do you do when...? A schema Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc SCHAEFER
Subject Re: What do you do when...? A schema Question
Date
List pgsql-general
On 13 Jun 2001, holtzman wrote:

> We are designing a large survey (~800 questions) database.  We wanted
> to have one answer table (that would be simple :-), but the problem
> is, the answers are represented by multiple data types (int, text,

I have written a mostly generic poll maker which mostly uses this
structure:

> The only solution we have come up with is an answer table for each
> type. e.g.:

The source code for the PostgreSQL definitions, and Perl poll
creator/administrator/summarizer/replier is:

   http://www-internal.alphanet.ch/~schaefer/software.html

look for `sondage'. Note that this is currently implemented in German (the
user interface, that is, not the db structure nor comments).

GPL