Re: syntax error 44 : -> - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew Hixson
Subject Re: syntax error 44 : ->
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> It just so happens that global.bki, one of the input files, is exactly 44
> lines long.  Please check that one first.  Otherwise it might happen that
> the file gets corrupted while initdb is mangling it, but it's hard to tell
> without some more context.

Aha.  Apparently my global.bki in my 7.1 archive has a bunch of binary
crap at the end of the file.  global.bki in 7.1rc4 is 44 lines long, but
the one from 7.1 is 168 lines long (according to wc) and contains
thousands of repetitions of ^@.
  I think I got this archive from postgresql.readysetnet.org.  I'll
download it again and see if that file is still that way.  If so they may
have a corrupted archive.
  Thanks for your help, Peter.
  -M@