Re: Some problem on the data base server ! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc SCHAEFER
Subject Re: Some problem on the data base server !
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Mickaël Jouanne wrote:

> We had a database server on Mysql and we move to postgres last month.

Not enough. You need to specify the exact version, and also the version of
your operating system. Let's assume Linux.

> 'load average: 3.23' or some times higher than that.

Who is responsible for that load ?  Remember that on Linux, processes
waiting for I/Os are also augmenting the load average.

> "CPU states: 95.1% user,  4.9% system,  0.0% nice, 59619.1% idle"

How is using the 95.1% of CPU ?

> is it normal ?

no, the 59619 value looks like a bug in top, or a mismatching kernel
version.