Re: ascii to character conversion in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: ascii to character conversion in postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Alex Sokoloff wrote:

> Postgres has an 'ascii' function that converts
> characters to ascii, values, but it appears to be a
> one way street. I can't find a way to convert ascii
> values to characters, like 'chr' in Oracle. Anyone
> know how to do this?
Interesting for me, I try explore (or write) it next week :-)
By the way, the Oracle has more interesting fuction that can
season DB's users life and I mean that for porting from rich
Oracle to great PostgreSQL we need it....
            Karel