Async unidirectional replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karl Trygve Kalleberg
Subject Async unidirectional replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all.

I know this has been discussed before. I've read through the replication
thread referenced from the todo-list. I've also tried to do a further
search in the pqsql mail archives, but those searches didn't give me
anything concrete.

Neither have searches on google.com, given anything, nor following the
tentative urls listed in the replication thread.

So, my question is, has somebody come up with good code for asynchronous
unidirectional replication ? If so, I'd be very interested to hear about
it.

If this hasn't been done, I have three programmers (myself included) on
standby, who will be paid for adding this to postgresql. We'd be very
interested in getting feedback from the core hackers on this, so that we
do it Right, even if it means spending a lot of time on it.

Regards,

Karl T