Re: NO-CREATE-TABLE and NO-LOCK-TABLE - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: NO-CREATE-TABLE and NO-LOCK-TABLE
Date
List pgsql-patches

> >  We already tell about it, but yes, you are right too. But it is not
> > implemented yet.
> >

> I am inclined to think it helps to have this configurable at the user
> level too, but let's see what people come up with.

 Yes, I too, but it is the good theme for flame-war, all can have right.

 For example user that is used for web-server connection needs only
small privilage (SELECT) and why for _all_ tables run GRANT if I can set it
as global option.

 I very expect new ACL, because I'm admin for large DB with critical data
and with more sub-admins and users and groups (..etc.) and I need good
tools for user restriction/control.

 And implement all oneself via triggers (columns privilage) is very
difficult.

                        Karel