EGCS & password connection - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Pavel PaJaSoft Janousek
Subject EGCS & password connection
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
    Hi,

    I want use ECPG for connecting to PostgreSQL database. This database
use a password for connection. I don't know syntax "EXEC SQL connect to
<database>" and how there I specify the name and password for connection
[similar when I use psql....].

    I try many combinations, now I know, that string before 'to' is
placed as Name in ECPGconnect, but I wand use EXEC SQL... not ECPG*
functions.

    I try see the YACC source, but this is too much dificult for me and
I don't read information about this there.

    Can anybody help me?

    Thanx

                za FoNet, spol. s r.o., Pavel Janousek