Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Good
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> > Ah, but Marc, there's a problem here.  Most *serious* linuxers scoff at
> > RedHat types like Tom Lockhart.
>
>     Geez, no wonder Linux'rs can't play nice with other OSs...they
> can't handle playing nice with each other *grin*

The bad boy attitude is definitely a problem.  ;-)

Say Marc,

1) I am working up the expo brochure for my shop - which mentions
postgresql as the major component (along with slackware) of the MIS
solution here...can I fax it to the number listed on the page for cd
subs?  BTW, my fax is 718-354-5056...

2) Did Bruce (M) ever settle on a slogan (Mine is in my sig ;-) ??

3) About the list - since the pseudo-debate (BSD v. Linux) began
I've been receiving mail stating that a newbie list would be a good
thing.  Is this idea d.o.a.?  If so, I'll move on...

4) BTW, we have PostgreSQL binaries compiled on slack boxes (proven
to run fine on vers 3.1 - 3.4) available:  www.ugd.com/~ugd/code.html
We did this as the RedHat RPM thing eludes those of us who have never
messed with it.  Are you interested in mentioning this at postgresql.org?
We also have links to Edmund's DBD-Pg module and Tim Bunce's DBI driver
for Perl heads.  For whatever reason, sunsite-usa lags behind it's
euro counterparts in offering recent releases.  For example, postgres
on sunsite is still sitting at 6.2.  Similarly, DBD-Pg-0.69 and newer
are not available from CPAN here in the states.  I go to the sunsite
uk page.

5) glibc - this is *not* included in slackware...
Could it be due to parse errors generated by the /usr/include files?

6) I *really* dislike that d*mn penguin...they shoulda let Tim O'Reilly
pick the animal.  Maybe an arachnid?  Hmm...

7) Shameless gratuitous advertising for PostgreSQL follows:
        User Guide Dog Database Project