RE: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] Off-topic: Communication. (was: Conne ct string again) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Mount
Subject RE: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] Off-topic: Communication. (was: Conne ct string again)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 28 May 1998, Jackson, DeJuan wrote:

> I have to ask, what is really so wrong with Outlook.
> And before you say well, you must not have used it before. I'm using it
> right now.
> And I have also used Pine, elm, ZMail, ...
> I often find myself hitting Ctrl-e (emacs end of line) in Outlook and
> then I hit Ctrl-z (M$ undo).
> I'm not a M$ advocate and I agree that they promote the cluelessness of
> the masses.  But I also don't think that Outlook is in and of itself
> evil.

It's fine for internal stuff, as the quoting scheme they use works well.
But it doesn't conform the the established standards, and those of us who
have suffered by it find it makes being involved in serious internet based
discussions pretty hard.

The Ctrl-e problem happens to me a lot as well.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk