Re: your mail - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: your mail
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Sat, 16 May 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> I read several documentions you provided, and followed the directions.
> The directions are the following:
>
> 1. change the account into 'postgres'.
> 2. change the 'pg_hba.conf' file in the path /usr/local/pgsql/data.
>     host    all    0.0.0.0        0.0.0.0        trust
>     --> this means everyone can access every database from everywhere, right?
> 3. kill the postmaster and delete the '/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432=' file
> 4. restart postmaster with -i -D$(PGDATA) options.
>
> Are there any mistake? or something else?

If you already have the postmaster running with -i then you don't have to
kill it for the changes to pg_hba.conf to take affect.

Also, I'd advise you tighten it up a little bit - giving everyone trust
permissions means they can log in as the DBA, and create their own
databases, users, etc.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk