Re: [QUESTIONS] libpq and db information - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [QUESTIONS] libpq and db information
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, neil d. quiogue wrote:

> hello,
>
> is there any way to be able to peer to a database' information (tables and
> their fields) similar to reflection in java using libpq?  i know one can
> use the \d recursively but isn't there a way using libpq?  i need the
> information to properly modify a particular part in radius.

In jdbc, there are methods that allow you to get details about what tables
and columns are present, and their details.

I'm still working on the code to get information about access rights to
the various tables.

All of these use SQL queries, based on libpq.

These are new additions to the jdbc driver for V6.3, due beta Feb 1st.

--
Peter T Mount  petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder