Re: rfc: add pg_dump options to dump output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: rfc: add pg_dump options to dump output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Tom Lane wrote:

> Well, the stuff included into the dump by pg_dump -v is informative,
> too.  But we stopped doing that by default because of complaints.
> I remain unconvinced that this proposal won't suffer the same fate.

I think it would be reasonable to only include the list of options used in
the dump if you use one that changes what appears in the dump.  That way,
you wouldn't see anything by default.  But if you make a modification that
will likely break a diff with an existing dump done with the default
parameters, the option change that introduced that should show at the very
beginning.