Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Tino Wildenhain wrote:

>>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> I suggest we start an experiment with the FAQ in XML Docbook, which is
>> amenable to automatic processing, and move from there.
>>
> Well... or reStructuredText which has the advantage of beeing human
> editable? (without specialized editor that is)

reST is a reasonable tool for building small documents, I don't use it
because it really doesn't scale well to handle larger ones.  Given that
the rest of the project is already committed to using Docbook for those
larger documents, I think it's hard to justify the additional toolchain
needed for reST processing just to make the FAQ a little easier to edit.