Re: Master-master replication with PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Master-master replication with PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Rob Collins wrote:

> My client has a flawed MS SQL Server system

There's another kind?

> From what I've read, Slony-I does only master-slave replication and
> Slony-II is not being actively developed. Is this right? Are there any
> viable master-master replication tools for PostgreSQL.

Your later comments suggest you specifically need an asynchronous
multi-master system, which rules out several suggestions.

I've been collecting information on this topic at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication%2C_Clustering%2C_and_Connection_Pooling
which you might find useful.  Nothing jumps out at me as being more
appropriate for the situation you describe than Bucardo.