Re: Performance increase with elevator=deadline - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Performance increase with elevator=deadline
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Speaking of I/O performance with PostgreSQL, has anybody here done any
> testing to compare results with LVM to results with the same filesystem on a
> conventionally partitioned or raw volume?

There was some chatter on this topic last year; a quick search finds

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2007-06/msg00005.php

which is a fair statement of the situation.  I don't recall any specific
benchmarks.