Re: Pains in upgrading to 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Pains in upgrading to 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Tom Lane wrote:

> He claims it didn't work, but there's no details about what went wrong.
> He also seems entirely misinformed on the difference between "portable"
> and "PG-specific" pg_dump output.

I just left a note on this and related subjects on the blog.  If you
search for "postgresql upgrade 8.3" on Google that comes back as hit #5
already and it would be good to shut down some of the misunderstandings
there ("PostgreSQL doesn't recreate the databases during the restore
process"?) before they get any more publicity.