Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: fight
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Dave Page wrote:

> I should add that I've long wanted to see something along these lines
> produced, and I'm happy to see it now.

Me too--that's why I wrote it!  So my plan is to keep this on the Wiki
for, say, two weeks, then convert what we've got at that point to
techdocs.

> A feature comparison checklist might also be useful addition (as long as
> it fairly shows things that MySQL offers that we don't as well as the
> other way round).

Was trying to get the low-level stuff that many people miss done first.
For the big picture, it would be easy enough to mash up
http://monstera.man.poznan.pl/wiki/index.php/Mysql_vs_postgres with
updates to current at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/roadmap.html
for the MySQL side, while
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Feature_Matrix should be useful