Re: Volunteer to build a configuration tool - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Volunteer to build a configuration tool
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Mark Lewis wrote:

> as much as some of us might want to make use of every piece of data
> available to make the planner into a super-brain, there are lots of
> other folks who just want plan stability.

It's not like it has to be on for everybody.  I look forward to the day
when I could see this:

$ cat postgresql.conf | grep brain
# - Super-brain Query Optimizer -
sbqo = on               # Enables the super-brain
sbqo_reconsider_interval = 5s  # How often to update plans
sbqo_brain_size = friggin_huge  # Possible values are wee, not_so_wee, and